You have two ways to apply for a visa:
(A) Regular Visa
- For regular visa the Consulate has outsourced the services to BLS International Services Inc (BLS). For process ( and documents requirement for different categories of visa issued by the Consulate ) visit BLS website https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ and submit your application at one of the BLS centres.
- We also accept regular visa applications at the Consulate provided (a) you have a medical ( or any other genuine humanitarian) emergency or (b) If you are a Person of Pakistan origin.
- If you have emergency please click here
- If you are a Pakistani Citizen or a Person of Pakistan origin( Pak-Canadian or other foreign passport holder) click here.
- If you are Canadian citizen and looking for long-term business, entry and tourist visa- click here.
- Processing time for regular visa application submitted at BLS centers is 3-4 days (excluding transit/delivery time from outsourced agency to and from Consulate). However, you are advised to apply well in advance say three weeks before the date of travel.
- If applicant is minor below 18 years of age, attach parents' consent form and copy of birth certificate (detailed/long one) of the minor and main pages of parents' passport.
Application form and PROCESS in brief:
You need to fill in online visa application form at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ (Please use latest version of browser which supports secured site) and take a print out of the visa application form. Sign the application at the places marked on application at its first and the second page. Attach the required documents, for details in respect of documents please visit BLS website, and submit the application at BLS Centers. You must ensure that all documents are attached as per the checklist as per the category of visa you seek. Incomplete application will be returned for re-submission.
Warning: Satellite phones are not permitted in India.
(B) e Tourist Visa (eTV)
There are some self claimed service providers who lure applicants for eTV therefore, you are advised to apply directly at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html - involvement of any outsourced agency or agent is not required. Government of India has no authorised agency to process eTV. One can apply directly on the link provided here. eTV fee is US$ 60 (SBI ePay would charge another USD 2 over the visa application fee.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Visa is normally issued on passport and NOT on Travel/Identity Document.
Validity of passport should be more than 190 days.
- The normal processing time for visa applications is 3-4 days (excluding transit/delivery time from outsourced agency to and from Consulate). However, applicants are strongly advised to plan their visa application well in advance minimum three weeks before proposed date of travel.
The Consulate General of India reserves the right to delay or refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued after various checks and clearances. Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa.
Former Indian passport holders, are required to submit their Canadian passport with Surrender Certificate or the surrendered Indian passport.
Fees once charged will not be refunded even in cases where visa is refused or application is withdrawn.
No vaccination is necessary for those traveling to India from Canada. However, persons coming from or passing through Yellow Fever infected areas are required to be in possession of a valid certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever before arriving in India.
Long Term Visa holders of staying for more than 180 days are required to register at their nearest Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) or District Superintendents of Police in districts in the prescribed form.
- Visit to Restricted/Protected area in India requires a Special Permit. Please submit the application in the prescribed form. It takes at least 10-12 weeks to process such application.
- Separate rules apply in cases of visa for Research, Missionary work, Journalism and Travel document holders.
- Persons who wish to apply for visa for film shooting in India may please check rules/requirements on the Ministry of External Affairs web site www.mea.gov.in under the head Film Documentary Shooting.
- Visas are valid from the date of issue. Kindly check the validity of the visa while making travel plans.
- Visas are issued and affixed on passports and therefore, passports must be submitted with the application.
- Tourist visas cannot be extended.
- Processing Time: Applicants are advised to submit visa applications minimum 15 days in advance of their travel plans.
Non-Canadian nationals are required to fill in the additional Visa Reference Form
|Pakistani Nationals and Persons of Pakistani Origin may click here for visa process and requirements
|Afghan Nationals and Persons of Afghan Origin may click here for the visa process and reqirements