Re-issue of Passport
Re-issue of Passport is required when the old passport has completed its validity from the date of issue. One can also apply for re-issue of when a new booklet is necessitated on account of change in basic particulars like name, appearance, seeking amendment in date of birth etc. or when all the pages have been used.
NOTICE : Indian citizens residing in India and abroad and holding non-Machine Readable Passports ( handwritten passports) with validity beyond the 24th November, 2015 are advised to apply for re-issue of passports.
Fill in online registration form at http://passport.gov.in/nri/ this will generate a PDF file.
- Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file) , fill in its page 2 & 3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed,in black ink, at four spaces provided and a good quality photograph (of size 2inch X 2inch) is fixed on its first page).
- Attach your existing passport (original) along with self attested/signed photocopies of its first five pages, last page and any other page containg important observation( on name change/validity etc).
- Four color photographs(one pasted on 1st page of the application and one each on three Personal Particulars form) with white background of size 2inch x 2inch.
- Original PR Card with a self attested photocopy (both sides). Please note that incase your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 a copy of landing paper is also required. Where applicant is not a PR, current immigration documents (e.g. student ID, Work permit etc.) with a self attested photocopy thereof are to be submitted. If the applicant is a student, details of educational institution, along with period of study is required. In case of work permit holder details of employer and period of employment is required.
- If the passport has expired for more than three years, the applicant is required to submit an self-attested statement stating that non-acquisition of Canadian or any other nationality /Search Letter from the Canadian authorities that applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship AND Personal Particular Form (in triplicate) for Police Verification .
- In case additional Misc services are required such as change in name, spouse name addition etc, you are required to attach necessary documents (see under Misc passport service).
- Fee CAD 102.00 (Fee $ 100/- + $2 Consular surcharge -for a 36-page booklet) + BLS C$ 7.40 including tax
- Personal appearance before Consular officer required in case of change in appearance.
If additional changes are required in new passport such as change in name, spouse name etc, read the information under Misc Passport Services and attach the additional required documents alongwith above set of documents.
If original PR card or other resident permit (Student/Work permit) is not submitted by resident of Canada:
A self-attested statement regarding non-acquisition of Canadian nationality is to be submitted alongwith a Search Letter from the Canadian authorities that applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
Where to submit the application? Please click here