Endorsement for changes in the passport is no more permitted. For Inclusion/deletion of spouse's name, change of date/place of birth, name, address etc. or any other changes on laminated portion of the passport re-issue of passport booklet is required. Therefore, fee would be same as applicable for re-issue of passport. In case the services are requested on expiry of the passport no additional fee would be charged. Applicants would be required to submit documents for the change.
Requirements and how to apply :
- Fill in online passport registration form (http://passport.gov.in/nri/).
- Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file), fill in its page 2 & 3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed in blue/black ink, at four spaces provided and a good quality photograph (size 2inch X 2inch) is fixed on its first page.
- Attach your existing passport (original) along with self attested/signed photocopies of its first two pages, last page and any other page containing important observation (about name change/validity etc).
- Original Landing Paper/PR card if applicant is a Permanent Resident/Immigration Document, with photocopy (both front and back side).
- Document in support of the change required :
- If you are applying for change of name/addition/deletion of spouse’s name in passport on re-issue basis following marriage, remarriage or divorce you have to provide the details in the application form, no proof of marriage/dissolution of marriage (court’s order for judicial separation/decree of divorce) etc. is required. In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish the following :
- Clippings of two prominent newspapers (one in India and one in Canada) or the Gazette Notification, as the case may be.
- At least two public/school documents issued in the desired/applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually change his name.
- In case of change of date/place of birth (for reasons other than typing error) :
- Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
- Documents produced earlier having proof of date of birth/place of birth at the time of issue of current passport and reasons for change now.
Processing Fee :
Issue of New Passport / Re-issue of Passport having validity of 10 years :
C$ 102 (for a 36-page booklet) + C$ 2 (Consular surcharge) + BLS C$ 7.40 including tax (which is also applicable for minor within the age group of 15 - 18 years).
Issue of New Passport / Reissue of passport to Minor below the age of 15 years having validity of 5 years :
C$ 69 (for a 36-page booklet)+ C$ 2 (Consular surcharge) + C$ 7.40 as BLS charges with tax.
Processing Time :
2 - 3 weeks.
Please Note :
- Applicant has to come in person.
- The applicant must provide Passport, PR card/ Landing paper or any other related document in original for verification.
- All copies of documents should be self attested (sign & date).
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.
- In case your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 or not producing any category, a copy of landing paper is also required.