Miscellaneous Passport Services
Endorsement for changes in the passport is no more permitted. For Inclusion/deletion of spouse's name, change of date/place of birth, name, address etc. or any other changes on laminated portion of the passport re-issue of passport booklet is required. Therefore, fee would be same as applicable for re-issue of passport. In case the services are requested on expiry of the passport no additional fee would be charged. Applicants would be required to submit documents for the change.
Fill in online passport registration form at http://passport.gov.in/nri/ this will create a PDF file.
- Take a print out of the online application form (PDF file) , fill in its page 2 & 3. Please ensure that specimen signatures are affixed,in black ink, at four spaces provided and a good quality photograph (of size 2inch X 2inch) is fixed on its first page).
- Attach your existing passport (original) along with self attested/signed photocopies of its first five pages, last page and any other page containg important observation( about name change/validity etc).
- Original Landing Paper, PR Card if applicant is a Permanent Resident, Immigration Document, with photocopy( both front and back side).
- Document in support of the change required:
- In case of change in date/place of birth(for reasons other than typing error), a Court Order issued by a First Class Magistrate from India may be required.
- If you are applying for inclusion of spouse name in the passport attach marriage certificate (shall you need change of spouse name then attach Divorce certificate plus the marriage certificate). Marriage/Divorce Certificate issued in India must be attested by Consular Section, Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House, New Delhi. ( to know about how to get attestation from New Delhi click here). AND
Marriage/Divorce Certificates issued in Canada must be attested by Ministry of Government Services of Ontario, 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, Tel: 416-325-8416. Applicants are informed that ex-party divorce is not acceptable and in case of mutually or mutually properly contested cases also an application must be submitted by applicants at the competent Indian civil court in India and a declaratory order authenticating and confirming that the foreign divorce decree is in accordance with Indian law must be obtained by the applicants.
- For change in name( other than woman changing surname after marriage) : (a) prescribed Deed Poll/Sworn Affidavit (Annexure "E") and (b) Original newspaper cuttings announcing the change of name published in two leading daily newspapers ( one popular daily newspaper in the area of the applicant's present address ( in Canada) and another at his permanent address in India).
- For splitting name (writing given name and surname separately), a sworn affidavit.