The Consulate has outsourced its VISA services to BLS International Services Inc (BLS).
- We also accept visa applications at the Consulate provided (a) you have a medical (or any other genuine humanitarian) emergency or (b) If you are a Person of Pakistan origin/ Pakistani citizen.
- If you have any emergency please click here.
- If you are a Pakistani Citizen or a Person of Pakistan origin (Pak-Canadian or other foreign passport holder) please click here.
- If you are a Canadian citizen and looking for long-term business and tourist visa please click here.
- If you are a minor applicant below 18 years of age, attach parents' consent form, copy of birth certificate (detailed/long one) of the minor and main pages of parents' passport.
- If you are applying for eTV (e Tourist visa) please click here.
Requirements and Process in brief :
- Duly filled in visa application form (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/) (Please use the latest version of browser which supports secured site).
- Print and sign the application form at the places marked on application at its first and the second page.
- Two recent colour passport size (2inch x 2inch) photographs with plain white background showing full frontal face to be pasted on the form.
- Current valid passport of the applicant.
- Attach the required documents, for details in respect of documents and visa process please visit BLS website through the link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/, and submit the application at the nearest BLS centre. You must ensure that all documents are attached as per the checklist as per the category of visa you seek. Incomplete application will be returned for re-submission.
Other useful information for VISA seekers :
- Visa is normally issued on passport and NOT on Travel/Identity Document.
- Validity of passport should be more than 190 days.
- The Consulate General of India reserves the right to delay or refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued after various verifications and clearances. Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa.
- Former Indian passport holders, are required to submit their Canadian passport with Surrender Certificate or the surrendered Indian passport.
- Fees once charged will not be refunded even in cases where visa is refused or application is withdrawn.
- In addition to the presecride fee, an applicant would be required to pay C$ 2 on account of Consular surcharge + BLS service fee of C$ 7.40 (inclusive of applicable taxes).
- No vaccination is necessary for those traveling to India from Canada. However, persons coming from or passing through Yellow Fever infected areas are required to be in possession of a valid certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever before arriving in India.
- Long Term Visa holders of staying for more than 180 days are required to register at their nearest Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) or District Superintendents of Police in districts in the prescribed form.
- Visit to Restricted/Protected area in India requires a Special Permit. Please submit the application in the prescribed form. It takes at least 10-12 weeks to process such application.
- Separate rules apply in cases of visa for Research, Missionary work, Journalism and Travel document holders.
- Visas are valid from the date of issue. Kindly check the validity of the visa while making travel plans.
- Visas are issued and affixed on passports and therefore, passports must be submitted with the application.
- Tourist visas cannot be extended.
- The processing time for visa application submitted at BLS centres is 3-4 working days (excluding transit/delivery time from outsourced agency to and from the Consulate). However, you are advised to apply well in advance say three weeks before the date of travel.
- Please note that Non-Canadian nationals are required to fill in the additional Visa Reference Form.
Warning: Satellite phones are not permitted in India.