CGI Toronto has outsourced its passport services to BLS. All the Passports and applications are accepted and delivered only at BLS CENTER. All applicants should submit the application form in person for identification and/or the documents should get verified by BLS. Even minors and new born babies are required to be present while applying.
General Guidelines :
- An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. However, the Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) can issue passport even for a shorter duration. Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to the period of attaining 18 years of age whichever is earlier.
- The passport application should be filled online (http://passport.gov.in/nri/). Please check that all columns are correctly and legibly filled and no column is left blank or unfilled/un-responded or vaguely filled with a dash, tick etc. Application for the service in any other form is not acceptable.
- All signatures in the application form should be signed with ballpoint pen of blue or black ink. Those who cannot affix their signature like infants, minors or illiterates they should put their thumb impression in place of signature (male should use left thumb impression and female should use right thumb impression.
- The duly filled in form should be accompanied with appropriate fee.
- A passport expired for more than one year should be supported by a Self-declaration on plain paper explaining the circumstances for late renewal.
- Emergency service for issue of passport can be availed by payment of an additional fee of C$ 199 under the Tatkal Scheme in addition to the normal fee (adult C$ 102 and minor C$ 69) provided the applicant is eligible for that service. Tatkal services has to be applied at the consulate only between 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on all working days.
- In case the current passport is issued by other Passport Issuing Authority, Personal Particulars Form in triplicate with photos pasted should be submitted along with the passport application.
- The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed signature box provided. The applicant should fill the surname column and the given name column correctly.
- In the permanent address (in India) column, please ensure that there is complete postal address in including PIN (Postal Index Number) code written legibly.
- Delivery of the serviced document would be done, preferably to the applicant himself/herself or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing and accompanied with the official receipt given to him/her at the time of submission of the application for service.
- The scale of fee for renewal and various passport related services and all kinds of miscellaneous services on passport are prescribed by the Government of India from time to time of submission of the application for service.
- All applications are to be accompanied with a photocopy of the prescribed pages of the passport - first two pages, last page and the page containing valid visa. A copy of ID card/residence also to be enclosed. In case your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 or not producing any category, a copy of landing paper is also required.
- Photographs should be preferably in bright colour, against white background and should be of the size of 2inch x 2inch (Passport size). Photograph should have a frontal view, with both ears and chin to forehead being visible. Eyes should be open. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural.
- The Consulate can ask for additional documents from the applicant, if needed, for verification during the process of issuing the passport.
- It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering. The passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act.
- Change of personal particulars: If someone wishes to change his/her personal particulars in the Passport, he/she needs to apply for re-issue of a new passport as the practice of hand written endorsements on passport has been cease.
- Split of name: If someone wishes to split his/her name he/she may submit a self-declaration on plain paper mentioning the details. No additional documents are required.
- Change of surname due to Marriage / Remarriage / Divorce / Personal reasons: Only self-declaration on plain paper is required.
Where to submit the Passport application :
- All applications for passport should be sent to the Indian Visa and Consular services centers managed by BLS International Services Canada Inc.