Employment visa is granted to those who wish to take up employment in India. The duration of Employment Visa would be for the period of employment work, which will usually not exceed one year at a time. More details about Employment Visa may be read by visiting the website of the Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi (Foreigners Division – under the heading - Frequently Asked Questions – Work Related Visas - http://mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/FAQs.html.
- Duly completed, printed and signed on-line visa application form (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/).
- Two recent colour passport size (about 35mm x 35mm) photographs in colour showing full frontal face against a white background to be pasted on the application form.
- Current valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and must have minimum 2 blank pages.
- A copy of the Employment Contract indicating the nature of job, salary structure, and duration of contract.
- Spouse and dependent family members, accompanying the applicant, must apply for an Entry Visa co-terminus with the period of the principal visa holder.
- For voluntary work with charities or non-profit organizations, a letter from the sponsoring organization in India on their letter-head, duly signed by authorized signatory, indicating the nature and duration of the visit and place of work. The letter from the sponsoring organization needs to state whether the applicant will be paid or non-paid intern.
Processing Time :
5-7 business days after receipt of the application at the Consulate.
Please Note :
The foreign national being sponsored for an Employment Visa in any sector should draw a salary in excess of US$ 16,000 per annum. However, this condition of annual floor limit on income will not apply to: (a) Ethnic cooks, (b) Language teachers (other than English language teachers) / translators and (c) Staff working for the concerned Embassy/High Commission in India. The application for Employment Visa may be rejected by the Indian Mission/Post concerned in case the minimum annual income benchmark of US$ 25,000 is not met, except in the case of the three categories mentioned above.