(ONLY FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS - EXCLUDING CANADIAN CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN ORIGIN)
- Emergency visa is issued for travel to India in a medical or any other genuine humanitarian emergency.
- Emergency Visa has to be applied at the Consulate (365 Bloor Street (E), Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3L4).
- The Consulate normally issue 3 months single entry Tourist visa under Emergency Services.
- Emergency visa can be applied only if the travel is within the next 48 hours from the time of submitting of application.
- Applicant must attach a copy of confirmed air ticket.
- Visa will be granted subject to usual checks.
- You need to fill-in online form at http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/.
- Take print out of visa application form, put your signatures at the marked places on both the pages of application form and paste your photograph of size 2"x2"(please do not staple the picture).
- Attach photocopy of your Canadian Passport ( main photo page) and previous Indian visa page (if any).
- If applicant is minor below 18 years of age, attach parents' consent form and copy of birth certificate (detailed/long one) of the minor and main pages of parents' passport.
- Attach air ticket alongwith proof of an emergency.
- Attach a Bank draft of C$ 119 in favour of "Consulate General of India".
- Please arrange your papers in order and place them in your passport before submission at visa counter of the Consulate.
Please Note :
- That we accept payment by draft only. No cash or payment by debit/credit card is accepted for Emergency services at the Consulate.
- Applications are received in person from Monday to Saturday at Consulate, except on holidays - for holidays do check notice on our home page. For emergency visa on Saturdays, you are advised to visit the Consulate at 7th Floor, 365 Bloor Street East from 1100hrs to 1230 hrs with a air ticket for the same or of the following day, which is Sunday.