e-Tourist visa facility can be availed by Canadian citizens and other nationals whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, attending a short term yoga programme, short duration medical treatment includingunder Indian systems of medicine or casual business visit etc. and no other purpose/activity.
Salient highlights of eTV
- Canadian citizens (& other eligible individuals) can apply online for eTV twice a year for visits not exceeding 30 days. The visa duration is non-extendable. Longer term visas may be obtained in the normal course.
- The eTV will be granted through email. The applicant should carry a printed copy of the email approval while travelling to India and get the formal visa affixed on his / her passport on arrival at 9 designated international airports (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram) in India.
- Online application for eTV needs to be filed a minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st January, your date of arrival in India must be between 4th January and 3rd February.
- Applicants having queries or requiring assistancein regard to eTV, may call the helpline number (+91-11-24300666) or send an email to email@example.com.
- The eTV facility is in addition to the existing Visa services being provided through BLS or the High Commission / Consulate General of India.
Instructions for e-Visa
- e-Visa has 3 sub-categories i.e., e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa. A foreigner will be permitted to club these categories.
- Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 2nd Jan.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc are to be uploaded mandatorily by the applicant. Additionally one more document depending upon the e-Visa type would also be required to be uploaded. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded documents and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
- Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) along with him/her at the time of travel. Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as 'GRANTED' on this website prior to commencement of your journey. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking VisaStatus.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi) and 3 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- e-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. If you intend to visit Protected/Restricted/Cantonment areas, you would require prior permission from the Civil Authority.
- Please be careful while making payment of the e-Visa fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id.
- The e-Visa fee payment status updation may take up to 4 hours due to technical reasons/network delays. Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. In cases, where e-Visa fee has been deducted but status is not updated, the applicants are advised to verify their payment status by clicking on 'Verify Payment/Pay Visa Fee' tab or by clicking on the link.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries or travellers arriving from these countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries here.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 e-Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
There are some self claimed service providers who lure applicants for eTV therefore, you are advised to apply directly at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html - involvement of any outsourced agency or agent is not required. Government of India has no authorised agency to process eTV. One can apply directly on the link provided here. eTV fee is US$ 60 (SBI ePay would charge another US$ 2 over the visa application fee.