For attestation of commercial documents, the signature of Notary Public is required to be authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services, Ontario Government or by the designated authorities of the concerned Province. A copy of the passport or any other identification document of the Director of the company is required. An authority letter on behalf of the company is required in case it is submitted by any one else other than the Director of the company.
- Duly filled in Miscellaneous application form (Click Here).
- Attach your original passport and a copy of its main pages.
- If you are an Indian passport holder attach copy of your PR card/Work or Study permit. Please note that in case your PR card is issued after 01.01.2015 a copy of landing paper is also required.
- Attach original document which need to be attested alongwith ONE copy (The document must be authenticated as per note at # below).
- If you are applying by mail: You must ensure to read the note at the end of this page and if eligible, enclose return prepaid envelope with your address and send the complete set of documents to:
Consulate General of India,
(Consular Section – Attestation)
365 Bloor Street East
Toronto ON M4W 3L4
- Fee : Attach bank draft of C$ 82 drawn in favor of "Consulate General of India". Please note that the fee C$ 82 is for one seal and signature, if you need seal and signature on 2 or more pages the fee applicable will be C$ 82 x number of pages. Example: If you need seal and signature on two pages fee applicable would be : C$ 82 x 2 = C$ 164. Cash, personal cheques or debit/credit cards are not accepted.
Processing Time :
- In person : Same day (delivery of attested documents between 1500-1600 hours.
- By mail : 3 (three) business days excluding the time taken in mail.
# Please Note :
- Indian Documents : If the document (such as Birth, death, educational, marriage, divorce certificates) is issued by authorities in India it must be attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi. However, for attestation of documents such as copy of Indian passport/PAN Card form there is not required to be attested from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Canadian Documents : All documents issued by Canadian authorities (such as Bank Statement, Passport, Driving Licence, Divorce/Marriage certificate etc) should be notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services, Ontario Government (address: 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, M7A 0B6; Contact No: 416-325-8416) or the concerned Provincial authorities before submitting it to the Consulate for attestation.
- Apply by Mail : If you are residing in area outside GTA, and you intend to apply by mail. In this case the document has to notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Government services, Ontario/ Concerned Provincial authorities before submitting it to the consulate for attestation.