If you are required to attest civil documents such as Pan forms/Bank statement/Salary statement/Copy of passport/Birth/Death/Divorce/ etc. please follow the intsructions as mentioned below :
- Fill in the Miscellaneous application form (Click Here).
- Attach your original passport and a copy of its main pages.
- If you are an Indian passport holder attach originals along with copy of your PR card/Work or Study permit. Please note that in case your PR card is issued or reissued after 01.01.2015, original and a copy of landing paper is also required.
- Attach original document which need to be attested alongwith its ONE copy (The document must be authenticated as per note at # below).
- Presence of applicant is required for execution of Civil documents.
- If you are applying by mail : You must ensure to read the note at the end of this page and if eligible, enclose return prepaid envelope with your address and send the complete set of documents to :
Consulate General of India,
(Consular Section – Attestation)
365 Bloor Street East
Toronto ON M4W 3L4
Indian documents : Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce and Educational Certificates etc. issued by the Indian authorities in India can also be attested by the Consulate provided the same have been authenticated by the designated officer of the State Government and validated by the Consular Section of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Patiala House, New Delhi-110001 or any other agency approved by the Ministry of External Affairs. For details, please check MEA website for "Legalization of the Documents" (Click Here). However, for attestation of documents such as copy of Indian passport/PAN Card form, there is no need of attestation from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
Canadian documents : Documents (such as Birth/Death/Marriage/Divorce/Educational Certificates/Bank Statement, Passport, Driving License etc.) issued by the Canadian authorities, a photocopy of the document is required to be notarized by Public Notary and duly authenticated by Ministry of Government Services, Ontario or any concerned Provincial authority designated. Marriage/Divorce Certificates issued in Canada must be attested by Ministry of Government Services of Ontario, 222 Jarvis Street, Main Floor, Toronto, Tel: 416-325-8416.
Adoption document : The Adoption document is required to be authenticated by the Ministry of Government Services of Ontario or any concerned Provincial authority designated.
Processing Fee :
Attach bank draft of C$ 18 drawn in favor of "Consulate General of India”. Please note that the fee C$ 18 is for one seal and signature, if you need seal and signature on 2 or more pages the fee applicable will be C$ 18 x number of pages. Cash, personal cheques or debit/credit cards are not accepted.
Processing Time :
In person : Submission time is 0930-1230 hours.
Same day (delivery of attested documents between 1500-1600 hours).
By mail : 3 (three) business days excluding the time taken in mail.
# Please Note :
Applicants are informed that ex-party divorce is not acceptable. Further it is also clarified that even in case of mutually or mutually properly contested cases, an application must be submitted by applicants at the competent Indian civil court in India and a declaratory order authenticating and confirming that the foreign divorce decree is in accordance with Indian law which must be obtained by the applicants.